Tsering Dhondup, MBBS, MPH
College and Medical School
Maulana Azad Medical College
New Delhi, India
State University at New York
Post medical school Training
Residency Internal Medicine
Mercy Catholic Medical Center 2012-2015
Fellowship in Nephrology and Hypertension
Mayo Clinic 2015-2018
Previous Academic Rank
Instructor of Medicine
Mayo Clinic School of Medicine 2018
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Nephrology
- American Board of Internal Medicine- Internal Medicine
- American Hypertension Specialist Certified Program
- Acute Kidney Injury
- Electrolyte and Acid base disorders
- Secondary and resistant hypertension
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Dhondup T, Qian Q. Electrolyte and Acid-Base Disorders in Chronic Kidney Disease and End-Stage Kidney Failure. Blood Purif. 2017; 43 (1- 3):179-188.
- Cheungpasitporn W, Thongprayoon C, Mao MA, Kittanamongkolchai W, Jaffer Sathick IJ, Dhondup T, Erickson SB. Incidence of kidney stones in kidney transplant recipients: A systematic review and meta- analysis. World J Transplant. 2016 Dec 24; 6 (4):790-797.
- Dhondup T, Lorenz EC, Milliner D S &Lieske JC. Combined Liver- Kidney transplantation for Primary Hyperoxaluria type 2: A Case Report. Am J Transplant. 2018; 18:253-257.
- Dhondup T, Qian Q. Acid-Base and Electrolyte Disorders in Patients with and without Chronic Kidney Disease: An Update. Kidney Dis 2017; 3:136-148.
- Dhondup T, Lorenz EC, Milliner DS, Lieske JC. Invited response to recurrence of oxalate nephropathy after isolated kidney transplantation for primary hyperoxaluria type 2. Am J Transplant. 2018 Feb; 18 (2):527.
- Kittanamongkolchai W, Vaughan LE, Enders F T, Dhondup T, Mehta RA, Krambeck AE, McCollough CH, Vrtiska TJ, Lieske JC, Rule AD. The Changing Incidence and Presentation of Urinary Stones Over 3 Decades. Mayo Clin Proc. 2018.Mar; 93(3):291-299.
- Dhondup T, Kittanamongkolchai W, Vaughan LE, Mehta RA, Chhina JK , Enders FT, Hickson LJ, Lieske JC, Rule AD. Risk of ESRD and Mortality in Kidney and Bladder Stone Formers. Am J Kidney Dis. 2018 Dec; 72(6): 790-797.
- Dhondup T, Claudia Tien JC, Marques A, Kennedy C, Gajic O, Kashani K. Impact of Negative Fluid Balance during the De-escalation Phase of Sepsis Management on Mortality: A Cohort Study. J Crit Care. 2020 Feb,55:16-21
- Dhondup T, Qian Qi. Acid-Base and Electrolyte Disorders. In: Daugirdas JT, editor. Handbook of Chronic Kidney Disease Management. 2nd ed. Philadelphia: Wolters Kluwer; 2019. p.174-191.